Winter is coming and so is the snowfall. If you are someone who loves snowfall, you must visit Canada as there are many areas where you can see the most snowfall. If you don’t know where those places are, you will not have to worry, as here, we are going to tell you about this.
Saguenay, Quebec, Newfoundland, and St. John’s are some cities in Canada where you can see the most snowfall. Yes, you have heard it right. If we talk about the total amount of snow, St John’s gets first position. On the other side, people in Saguenay spend most of their days with fresh snowfall. The snow stays for a long period of time on the ground in Saguenay. But the snow does not stick to the ground for a long period at St. John’s. Here, we have made a list of cities where you can see the most snowfall.
- St. John’s, Newfoundland – 131.9 inch.
- Saguenay, Quebec – 126.6 inch.
- Quebec City, Quebec – 119.4 inch.
- Sherbrooke, Quebec – 112.8 inch.
- Moncton, New Brunswick – 111.0 inch.
- Sudbury, Ontario – 103.7 inch.
- Saint John, New Brunswick – 94.3 inch.
If we compare the mountains of Columbia with other places in Canada, you will get to know that it has the highest average annual snowfall. Yes, you have heard it right and we have made a list in order to give you a better overview. So, have a look at the following.
- Mt Fidelity, Glacier National Park, BC – 546.4 inch.
- Unuk River, Eskay Creek Mine, BC – 511.3 inch.
- Grouse Mountain, North Van., BC – 342.0 inch.
- Rogers Pass, British Columbia – 340.4 inch.
- Pleasant Camp, BC – 285.0 inch.
- Fraser Camp, BC – 276.8 inch.
- Hollyburn Ridge, West Vancouver, BC – 257.7 inch.
Most Snowfall In Other Parts Of Canada
If we talk about the other places, then Woody Point of Newfoundland will get first position. It is located on the western coast of Newfoundland. However, we have made a list in order to give you a concrete idea.
- Woody Point, Newfoundland – 252.0 inch.
- Forêt Montmorency, Quebec – 244.1 inch.
- Cape Dyer, Nunavut – 219.1 inch.
- Murdochville, Quebec – 215.5 inch.
- St Anthony, Newfoundland – 214.5 inch.
So, these are some places in Canada where you can see the most snowfall. We hope that this article would be helpful for you.