Well, Canada is really a beautiful country, and one needs to follow the rules and regulations amid a beautiful ecosystem in order to sustain its beauty. There are so many things you cannot bring across the Canadian border. On the other hand, there are certain things that you can actually bring with you without being stopped at the customs. Well, if you have been stopped, you will have to understand that there are certain things that are not meant to cross the Canadian border. Well, the Canadian Border Service Agency has announced a new list of the products that are allowed and prohibited across the Canadian border. So, if you are someone who is visiting Canada in recent times, you must check the following points:
Items That You Can Bring
Well, there are certain items that you can bring into the nation. If you are carrying any tobacco products, alcohol, and even snacks, you must declare it at Canadian customs. If the customs declare anything unsafe, the item will be forfeited.
- Alcohol: 40 ounces of liquor or 8.5 litres of beer or 1.5 litres of wine is allowed.
- Food: Cooked food, packaged food, and dried food are allowed.
- Pets: In order to bring your pets to Canada, you must bring a certificate stating that the pet has got the vaccine and it will last for three years. In short, your pet must be vaccinated against rabies.
- Tobacco: 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes. You can bring Cuban cigars as they are not yet banned in Canada.
Items That Are Prohibited
Well, it is a fact that cannabis products are actually legal in Canada and Washington. But, it does not mean that you can bring them into Canada. There is a misconception that people are holding. There are certain things that are prohibited.
- Live Bait: Well, you are not allowed to bring smelts, leeches, minnows.
- Food: Well, you are not allowed to bring fish products, animal products, fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Cannabis: Although marijuana is legal in Canada, you cannot bring cannabis products into Canada. Even, you cannot bring CBD oil.
- Weapons: Pepper spray, mace, fireworks, ammunition, firearms and guns are not allowed. However, if you are visiting Canada for a sporting or hunting event, you can bring a firearm. But, in such a situation you will have to report to the Canadian customs.
- Illegal Drugs: Illegal drugs are also not allowed.
So, these are certain things that you cannot bring across the Canadian border.