British Columbia is the westernmost province of Canada. The mountain ranges and Pacific coastline are something that makes it unique. When it comes to outdoor activities, nothing can beat British Columbia. The Pacific Ocean, mystical forests, and majestic mountains have a lot to offer. It will create a solid impression upon you, and the natural beauty of British Columbia will inspire you.
However, there are several things that most people don’t know about British Columbia. Here, we have highlighted a few essential things.
- British Columbia is the third-largest western province of Canada. If we talk about the size, it is four times greater in size than Great Britain. The coastline British Columbia spans more than 25,000 kilometers.
- People living in British Columbia generally live in metropolitan areas, specifically Vancouver. According to one report, almost 50% of people live here.
- British Columbia has three World Heritage Sites recognized by UNESCO. Along with these, it has more than 400 provincial parks, conservation areas, and recreation. It also has more than five national parks.
- If we talk about the land and population, almost two-thirds of British Columbia land is forest. There are many areas where you will see no human activity.
- If we compare British Columbia with other territories and provinces of Canada, you will find that it has the mildest temperature. Flowers start blooming in early February. Moreover, it consists of the largest forest-free periods.
- Who does not love blueberries and cranberries? Well, you might be surprised to know that British Columbia is one of the top producing regions of these berries in the world.
- Hockey is one of the most popular sports in the world. British Columbia has the largest hockey stick in the world. The stick is 64 meters long, and it weighs 62,000lb pounds. If you take a trip to Vancouver, don’t miss seeing this gigantic hockey stick.
- Pamela Anderson as born on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
- The capital city of British Columbia is Victoria. You can see all sorts of flowers there. It was named after Queen Victoria.
So, these are some exciting and good things that you did not know about British Columbia. If you haven’t been to Canada, then it would be a good idea for you to make plans to visit the country soon!